As the Finance Officer at Accelerate Prosperity (AP), the incumbent operates under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, undertaking a critical role in driving seamless financial and accounting operations for the organization. The primary objective is to ensure the efficient execution of financial processes, encompassing everything from transactional accuracy to comprehensive record-keeping. With an unwavering commitment to precision, the Finance Officer is entrusted with the meticulous maintenance of financial records. This responsibility extends beyond the mere documentation of transactions; it involves a dedication to accuracy that aligns with the stringent standards set by both internal policies and government regulations.
• Maintain a robust system of accounts and controls to generate accurate and reliable data for all required AP's accounting reports and statements, ensuring effective oversight of the assets, revenues, and costs.
• Ensure the accuracy and fairness of the financial position by consistently reviewing and refining accounting practices and records.
• Consolidate Funds and projects budgets to create comprehensive expense and cash flow budgets, fostering a cohesive financial framework.
• Oversee the timely review of timesheets and the payroll distribution process, ensuring proper documentation and adherence to tax withholdings.
• Provide guidance on the processing and administration of VAT exemptions for the Fund, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
• Establish and maintain a meticulous electronic and hard copy filing system for finance and operations documents, conducting periodic audits to ensure the accuracy and completeness of records.
• Ensure the timely payment of travel costs, maintaining effective communication with concerned parties.
• Exercise control and verification overall expense reports, reviewing financial documents prepared by the staff.
• Collaborate with auditors as needed, coordinating their activities and addressing any queries or concerns.
• Collate, prepare, and interpret reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries, and financial statements to provide comprehensive financial insights.
• Liaise with Government Departments, such as Tax and Statistics, to ensure regulatory compliance and cooperation.
• Manage all licenses and their respective renewals, staying proactive in adherence to deadlines.
• Inform the programs team about expiring business contracts and coordinate with relevant stakeholders for timely contract renewals.
• Execute any other related duties as requested, demonstrating flexibility and a proactive approach in fulfilling organizational needs.